Summer's here boys, which means only one thing - lads on tour! Yes we are aware that not all lads holidays are a scene straight out of The Inbetweeners, but for the sake of this post, they are exactly the kind of lads holiday we are referring to.
So basically, matching vests are a must and getting laid is the only goal you have in mind. Whether you're worried about budgeting or need to know how to navigate sandy sex, our top 4 tips have you covered.
1. Budget like a pro
Yeah you probably managed to get a week's bed & breakfast package for buttons, but with all the holiday extras, everything still adds up. Here's how to budget:
- As soon as you arrive head straight to the nearest supermarket to stock up on cheap, local spirits and mixers because pre-drinks are where the party starts!
- Keep an eye out for deals. Whether this is a party package wristband when you get there, or booking your hotel, flights and airport transfers altogether at the same time, you'll end up saving a lot of money rather than paying for things individually.
- Check your data plan. Because if you didn't Insta your whole trip then you never really went, right?
- Be respectful of the hotel. There's nothing worse than paying extra charges at the end of the holiday because things got a bit out of control, or you were too hungover to keep things clean and tidy.
- Don't be too smashed to make your flight. Airport bevs are a definite must to get the holiday started, and of course you drink right up until you board your flight home. But there have been instances where passengers haven't been allowed onboard because of their intoxication levels. No one wants to be paying for a second flight!
2. Booze, booze, booze, lads, lads, lads
Beers with breakfast, drinking games over lunch and so drunk you can't see by the time you head out, sound familiar? Hangovers on this type of holiday are inevitable, but we can all agree that the less time spent spewing outside the club you've just been refused entry to, the better. Here's how to avoid the common spew-fest:
- Don't forget about food. Full English for breakfast, burger and chips for lunch, and whatever looks edible at the hotel buffet for dinner will definitely do the trick! It'll also massively help with your hangover the next day!
- If your pals buy a round of shots and you're just not feeling it, grab your empty beer bottle straight after knocking it back and spit the shot back into it. It'll just look like you've taken a swig of the beer, when it's in fact a masterful act of self preservation.
- This next suggestion does not make you weak, it ensures that you'll be the last one of your mates standing! Make sure you drink a glass of water for every alcoholic drink you have. A great energy boost, will make your hangovers a bit less hell-like, and it will keep you hydrated in the hotter weather.
3. Don't be a sheep
Just because your mates are planning on getting matching camels tattooed on their toes, doesn't mean you have to if you don't want to. Though saying no may be awkward to start with, with practice it gets much easier - our top trick is to say it with equal parts humour and confidence.
- If something doesn't feel right then it probably isn't! Make sure you follow your instincts!
- If you're in a big group, make sure to stick around with the ones you feel most comfortable around. We know this isn't always possible, but at least try your best to avoid the ones who make you feel pressured.
- Remember that sticking to your morals and standing up for yourself is a greater sign of strength than it is giving into pressure from anyone else.
4. Sun, sea, and casual sex
Whether that extra large pack of condoms you packed will see the (glimly lit) light of a strangers hotel room or not, you should always prep themselves for casual sex abroad.
- It can get pretty adventurous - think drunken, sandy beach, public place kind of thing.
- Peer pressure should not be a thing! Don't pressure your mates into pulling and they should not do the same to you. Who cares who pulls the fittest bird or who doesn't pull at all? Enjoy your holiday and the best attitude to go with is, to quote Love Island 2019, "it is what it is".
- Oh and last but not least, STI's are not the one. Remember to always keep a condom on your person in case you do get lucky!
[Feature image by: Metro]