January, as months go, has a pretty bad reputation.
Whilst July gets sunshine, October gets Halloween and December gets unapologetic stay-in-your-pjs-all-day-day-drinking, January is the month of weight gain, some of the coldest days of the year, and nothing to look forward to for the foreseeable future (Valentines Day, if you’re into that, excl.).
Yes Blue Monday is known as the most depressing day of the year, and yes it is in January (21st), but the rest of the month really isn’t all that bad!
We promise there is more to it than saving some money and going dry.
Here are our 6 ways to make it through the January Blues.
- Forget about FOMO - quite literally nobody is doing anything this month, we're all too skint
- Remember it all gets better from here - you're almost at the end of the month anyway, and there is so much to look forward to for the rest of the year
- You can start saving your cash - with offers jumping up all over the place, you can saver your $$$ wherever you go, from gym memberships to meals out, it's guaranteed you won't be paying full price!
- No nap guilt - with all the free time you'll have this month, it makes for the perfect excuse! Catch up on the Zzz's you missed out on over the Christmas holidays.
- Catch up on any and every TV series - from Luther to Dancing on Ice and Birdbox to Sex Education there is something for everyone and enough to last you until nights out the house become a thing again
And finally, the most important thing to remember is that, even though we are ll psychologically lead to do a whole heap of Jan-bashing, January shouldn't be thought of as a punishment. It's chapter one - use it as your chance to start afresh and get motivated for the year ahead.